Come join the City of Anderson Police Department
Start your new career today!
You must be a person who thrives on challenges, and are willing to work hard to learn the skills necessary for this difficult but critical role. This can be a tough and unpredictable job, but it is also an extremely rewarding position. Everyday when you put on your uniform and go to work, you will be making life safer and more secure for your friends and neighbors, and making your town a better place to live.
Could you join your local police force and make a difference in your community? Find out what life is really like on the beat. Policing will enable you to work in partnership with the public and other organizations and make a difference to the local community.
Police Department Entry Salary
- Recruit (Non certified Police Officer) – $35,700.00
- (Certified Police Officer) – $37,485.00
- Sr. Officer – $40,296.38
- Corporal – $44,326.01
- Sgt.- $49,645.13
- Lt. – $55,602.55
- Captain – 62,274.86
- Non Certified Detention Officer – $31,930.08
- Detention Officer Certified – $34,324.84
- Detention Corporal – $37,757.32
- Detention Sergeant – $42,288.20
- Detention Lieutenant – $47,362.78
- Detention Captain – $53,046.32
The following requirements must be met and procedures followed to apply to the Anderson Police Reserve Program:
- Apply through the personnel office and indicate “reserves” on the application. It is not necessary that interested persons call the office of the Chief of Police. He or she MUST apply for available slots that may be open.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Be a resident of South Carolina with a current South Carolina Driver’s License.
- Be at least 21 years of age and undergo a rigid background check.
- Be willing and able to meet the 60 hours of basic training required by the South Carolina Department of Public Safety, Criminal Justice Division.
- Pass a physical examination with standards established by the South Carolina Department of Public Safety.
- After completion of basic training, be able and willing to contribute no less than 20 hours monthly or 60 hours quarterly of service.
Application Form (PDF)
Please note that a completed paper application must be submitted for each position for which you wish to be considered.
- FOR POSITIONS REQUIRING DRIVING OF CITY VEHICLES, ALL APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE A 10-YEAR, CERTIFIED DRIVING RECORD.
- Applications will only be accepted for positions currently vacant and not for potential future openings.
- Applications will only be considered active until a hiring decision has been made in each opening.
- Applications which do not specify the position you are seeking will not be considered.
- Resumes will only be accepted when accompanied by a complete application.
- Electronic (faxed, e-mailed, etc.) applications will not be accepted.
- Because of the volume of applications, it is not possible to interview all applicants, nor will we be able to provide you information on the status of your application after it has been forwarded to the hiring department. However, if you have been interviewed by one of the hiring supervisors, you should expect to receive a letter at some point thereafter from the person who interviewed you informing you of the status of the position for which you applied.
- Please complete the Voluntary Applicant EEO Survey attached to the application. Be assured that the Human Resources Department will remove all demographic information from the application prior to forwarding the application to the hiring authority.